Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wealth Redistribution The Obamanomics Way

My wife asked me if I was making more now than I dd on unemployment.

No, about 2/3 what I was making then I told her.

Which, of course, got me to thinking.

In the summer of 2009 I was making $28.25 an hour plus overtime at time and a half, double time Sundays (and there was ALWAYS overtime).

8 months into Obama and my position was unceremoniously and without warning eliminated.

And then I was making (roughly) $14.12 an hour on unemployment (we won't again discuss the tens of thousands spent from my now defunct IRA and the former wealth I still owe the government for the privilege of using my own money).

Then for about 10 months I had no income at all. Until I started working in the backroom of the Big Box Retailer (no, not that one, the other one)(I lift things up and put them down).

Where I now make $8.25 an hour for less than 40 hrs a week

Since they carved my old position into many tiny pieces and gave them to a bunch of supervisors plus a little outsourcing tell me, where did that other $20 an hour (plus overtime)($800 a week)(plus overtime) go?

Why, right back into the pocket of the corporate entity that formerly employed me of course.

My wife has a very similar story to tell.

As do millions of other Americans.

How's that for Wealth Redistribution?

 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me wondering, you think the Gov gets more revenue in taxes from three part time workers compared to a full time worker (With Overtime)doing the same job them three do combined?

midnight rider said...

Maybe, although I don't think so. And in my case I wasn't replaced by part timers but had my former duties given to existing supervisors.

And my tax bracket was far higher than that of less well paid employees.

Always On Watch said...

The middle class is so screwed.

Epaminondas said...

There is a name for the system of cooperation of the state and large corporate entities.

Anonymous said...

The less taxes get collected, the more we borrow, the higher the deficit, the quicker the collapse of the capitalist system. It's all part of the plan.

Pastorius said...

I agree, bro. I used to think that kind of thinking was paranoid. Now the reality of what I see happening before my eyes tells me that I'm crazy not to be "paranoid."

it's not paranoid if they really are trying to destroy you.

Epaminondas said...

Whenever you think you are being paranoid... remember this as a caution .. it's from a submarine captain .. 'YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT BEING PARANOID ENOUGH'