Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We need civility across our nation. What we are seeing are symptoms of a bigger problem.. .  The problem is not gun laws. The problem is a lack of civility. We need civility across our nation, we need common decency to prevail

-- Mark Mattioli, father of six year old James Mattioli, slain at Sandy Hook

I saw this yesterday when it first came out and have been waiting for a video to post.

Mark Mattioli, testifying against gun control, even though his son was one of the Sandy Hook victims.



story here

3 comments:

Epaminondas said...

Bad news, I think we have passed that point where such a warning from such a man would make an impact ANYWHERE.

We have the president of the USA coercing congress and the people to ignore Fox and Limbaugh, who are IMPEDIMENTS in his view, to doing right.

SUBCONSCIOUS XLATION - they are evil in their desires and I am good.

Civility?
Someone has to lead.
Effectively
WHO?

Anonymous said...

this father is right and I pray for him in his suffering.

ive noticed counless times in the last few years people will walk up to me in public and just ask a question like im there for their fucking amusement. they never excuse themselves any more or preface it by a normal perfunctory greeting like "hi"
I still say excuse me and hello before asking for directions or the time or what not. but I can tell you as someone out and going from place to place for my line of work every day some days fully 100 percent of the people who come interact with me each day do not use manors.

Anonymous said...

I should add im no miss manors, im a rough around the edges blue collar bloke. but common courtesy shoulnt be dead